Saturday 8 November 2014

Designing leaflet II

Aesthetics

Potential requirements:

  1. The leaflet must have text size large enough to be read by someone with impaired vision. 
  2. Must be easily transported, so can be handed out at GP surgeries/eye clinics/hospitals whilst viewing the film. 
  3. Should not be daunting or scare the patient. Simultaneously it cannot provide false information. Should not be bias. 
  4. Should capture the audience's attention to ensure they are focused when absorbing the information. 
How this will be achieved:
  1. I will not go into too much detail. Therefore less text will need to be on the leaflet meaning the font can be larger. 
  2. It will fold up into a smaller size. 
  3. Although a large leaflet would be I can achieve requirement 1, it may be daunting for someone to pick up a very big leaflet on all the side effects. Therefore leaflet must be kept small. As it will be foldable, this will help to some degree. I will ensure it can be read and held in one hand. To rule out any bias from information I have gathered, I will cross reference my sources. I will not avoid negative examples or give fake data, however certain side effects which vary extremely from case to case do not need to be presented. 
  4. Leaflet should include colour, perhaps a diagram, varied size font. I will choose reassuring colours e.g. pale colours, not too bright. 

Reviewing other health leaflets:

Photos help spread out the text. Photos would not be appropriate for my leaflet, as it would appear too graphic. Many viewers said the surgery 'scares them', this would not work well together.

Tri fold. Again many photos. White background with a small amount of colour is effective. 

Z or Tri fold leaflet. Split into 3 main sections. There are many opinions and quotes. I cannot include opinions and quotes on my leaflet as it is purely for highlighting the risks. 

The photo of laser eye would not help the leaflet in anyway.

Different ways to fold the leaflet. Most leaflets i've come across have been tri, Z or roll fold. This makes them very compact, easily transportable and easily folded and re-folded. 




No comments:

Post a Comment