Saturday 8 November 2014

Designing leaflet III

Based on my aesthetic requirements, I have designed a demo leaflet to test out different styles.

Here I have experimented with different size papers, different folds, and different colours.

Possible size papers: A6 A5 A4 A3

 A3 is too large for any leaflet. A4 (Below) is hard to hold in only 1 hand. Too large to fill with side effects. Very daunting for the audience.
 A5 is easier to hold in 1 hand, but large enough include clear text.
 Different methods of folding for the A5 leaflet.
 

 I have chosen to fold it into thirds vertically (see last pic^).
 



Below is my rough plan of my leaflet with the a selected structure. I test the colour scheme as well as how I can arrange the text and diagrams.

 
  





This should be the back page. Error in designing. I will not make this mistake for the real design.
Colour tests: 

I tested 'warm', 'cool' and 'brown' colour schemes. 
  • The warm colours are similar to my video colour scheme. Although this would link them, I think it is important to differentiate between learning the science behind eye surgery and understanding the health risks. 
  • The cool colours look as if they will work well and keep a calm tone to the leaflet. 
  • The browns/greens are slightly dull. Not eye capturing.


No comments:

Post a Comment